Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Are those who "take a Stand" for the Truth Complaining?

9/6/11

By Patrony

Out of curiosity, I wanted to search for editorials from other newspapers in the state. Here are the titles of a few I read in today's editions. 1) San Francisco Gate: 'A drug shortage no one is answering'. 2) LA Times: 'Pricey Homeland Security.' 3) Sacramento Bee: 'Solar deal needs probe.'

After reading today's editorial, 'Make life better: Stop complaining', by Mark Vasche, in Sunday's Modesto Bee, I realized that according to Vasche's definition, the other editorials were all 'COMPLAINTS'. Vasche implied that bringing up negative issues are just idle complaints and are not justifiable.

C'mon Mark Vasche, why are you being passive aggressive? Why not state a direct message and just say who you're talking about instead of hiding behind a few authors' quotes just to take cheap shots at your targets?

To be honest, I thought your editorial reminded me of another article I read recently about a governor who ridiculed individuals whom he viewed as 'COMPLAINERS; his name was George C. Wallace. Wallace served as Alabama's governor in the sixties. Wallace accused civil rights workers of going against natural hierarchy for disrupting a time- honored social order which he referred to as the, "Southern way of life." Wallace lambasted their so called 'complaining' and began his own campaign to stop the tide of integration. While Wallace was a strong segregationist who had his own racist agenda, he appealed to fellow Alabamians by calling the civil rights workers, 'COMPLAINERS'.

I do not believe you are a racist nor a segregationist, but I do believe you have a personal agenda; doing all you can to lighten up the heavy ridicule from concerned citizens about the SCAP scandal in which your son-in-law, Scott Monday, is involved.

Mr. Vasche, people are not complaining, but we are needing answers. We are not 'COMPLAINERS', but we are devoted to standing up for truth and justice, and we have every right to demand both. You must understand there is as much difference between 'complaining' and taking a stand' as there is between 'arrogance and humility.'

By the way, I believe learning the truth would make me feel better and cause me to live my life more full.